Ross San Miguel Fly Reel
The return of an icon.
Since Ross Reels started in 1973, there has been one model that epitomizes what a Ross Reel is: the San Miguel. It defined the ultimate in class and finesse, and now, over two decades since it was first launched, the classic returns.
Meticulously designed in our Colorado factory, the new San Miguel blends modern machining and materials with all of the elements that made the original iconic. Returning are the polished high-gloss black finish on a solid-backed frame, the liquid-smooth free spool, wide-range adjustable sealed drag, and the famous “flower petal” porting.
This new version also debuts modernized features such as a canvas micarta handle, a material used in high-end custom knives to improve grip when wet. The precision sealed drag system consists of a carbon / stainless steel stack-up, yielding powerful yet smooth resistance. The large-arbor spool is accentuated by a machined stainless steel push-button release that looks as good as it performs.
This integration of classic and new features make this reel a worthy heir of the iconic San Miguel name.
(Inventory is low and fulfillment sometimes delayed due to COVID.)
- Classic San Miguel aesthetic coupled with modern performance updates
- Polished, high-gloss black finish
- Powerful and smooth carbon / stainless sealed drag system
- Canvas micarta handle enhances grip when wet
- Large arbor for fast retrieval and reduced line memory
- Push-button spool release
- Available in sizes 3/4, 4/5, and 5/6