To all who've recently subscribed to our newsletter: Thank you for joining!
Trout stockings are happening every Friday on the Guadalupe. Playing the fish quick and keeping the fish in the water for pics will help the fish survive. Lots of folks are enjoying some great fly fishing and excellent weather.
FREE FLY FISH FRIDAY'S
For a limited time, we are offering our 2hr fly fishing lessons from 3pm to 5pm on Fridays. A reservation is required by emailing us at email@example.com.
All of the local rivers currently have ideal flows and temperatures. Lots of bass and perch are being caught deep on sink tip fly lines using various minnow patterns. Trout are being caught with all techniques. The nymph fishing includes eggs, worms, soft hackles, midges, caddis, and various mayfly emergers. Dry fly fishing has been good at times with caddis, and various mayfly patterns. Streamer fishing has been good with basic Wooly Buggers.
Flows on the Guadalupe below Canyon Lake are currently at 80 CFS. Lots of folks are asking if we are still able to do float trips. Absolutely! It wasn't that long ago that the flows were 50 CFS. The Canyon Lake level is a few feet low and flows could reduce more if rainfall doesn't increase. It's very important to keep a watch on the river flows. Wading can become dangerous if you are on the river when the dam suddenly increases its flow. We recommend visiting http://www.grtu.org/flow/ to stay informed of the lake level and dam release.
Please contact us if you want to experience some great Colorado or Hill Country fly fishing. Guided trips and gift certificates can be purchased online at http://actionangler.net/ by clicking the "BOOK NOW" button.
I'd like to fill you in on the most recent news in the Texas Hill Country and west/central Colorado.
NEWS AND UPDATES
1. Action Angler is a booking agent and guide for 1, 2, and 3 day float trips on the Gunnison River through the Gunnison Gorge and lower Gunnison River. This allows us to hold preferred dates for our clients. The Gunnison Gorge is thought of by many as a Top 20 Destination To See Before You Die, and also referred to as a mini-Grand Canyon. The lower Gunnison River is an easier-paced section, with day trips starting at $600. Please contact us for details.
2. The next meeting for the New Braunfels Fly Fishers is scheduled for January 22, 2020. https://www.facebook.com/NewBraunfelsFlyFishers
3. GRTU Troutfest is scheduled for February 21 -23. http://www.grtu.org/troutfest/
4. If you are planning to be in the Aspen or Glenwood Springs areas in the summertime or early fall, call Aspen Fly Fishing and/or Crystal Fly Shop to book trips. Be sure to request Chris Jackson as your guide. http://www.aspenflyfishing.com/
If you are planning to be in the Crested Butte or Gunnison areas in the summertime or early fall, call Dragonfly Anglers to book trips on the upper Gunnison River and request Chris Jackson as your guide. http://www.dragonflyanglers.com/
5. Please let us know if you are interested in a premier Bull Trout fly fishing destination in the Northern Rockies of British Columbia.
Here are a few nice river homes to stay at while visiting the Guadalupe River. Two of them are located across the street from the fly shop and can sleep up to 8.
Chris Jackson, Owner/Lead Guide Go Where the Action Is! www.actionangler.net 830-708-FISH (830-708-3474)